About Plan Canada
Because I am a Girl is Plan's global initiative to break the cycle of poverty and gender discrimination. Plan is a global movement for change, mobilizing millions of people around the world to support social justice for children in developing countries.
- Plan was founded in 1937. Today Plan is one of the world's largest international development agencies.
- Plan is not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures.
- Plan has programs in more than 50 developing countries to give children, families and communities the tools they need to break the cycle of poverty.
- Plan collaborates with children, their families and all members of a community to create and implement a long-term plan for improving living conditions.
- Each year our work impacts the lives of families and their children in 90,100 communities.
Visit Plan Canada’s website