Join the Speakers Bureau
Find and use your voice!
The Because I am a Girl Speakers Bureau was created to give girls between the ages of 14-22 who are passionate about human rights and social justice the opportunity to be advocates for girls' rights. Your life stories, opinions, and ideas are powerful ways to connect with audiences, break down barriers, and reach other girls in Canada.
As part of the Because I am a Girl Speakers Bureau, you will be involved in an international effort to change the lives of girls around the world.
A few of the events that girls in the Speakers Bureau have been involved in include:
- The United Nations Commission on the Status of Women in New York
- The Because I am a Girl Technical Roundtable in Ottawa
- The Because I am a Girl Advisory Panel in Washington and London.
What will I do as a member of the Because I am a Girl Speakers Bureau?
- Attend monthly meetings and training sessions at the Plan Canada office in Toronto or via Skype
- Give feedback on resources and materials related to Because I am a Girl and other girls' programming initiatives
- Contribute to the Because I am a Girl online community through videos, blogs, and discussion forums
- Deliver presentations on girls' issues at events that raise awareness about Because I am a Girl.
What will I gain?
There are a lot of great reasons to be part of the Speakers Bureau!
- Gain public speaking skills
- Get training in media skills and advocacy
- Connect with like-minded girls who are passionate about social justice
- Learn more about girls' rights and international development
- Travel to new places to give presentations
- Network with academic, non-profit, government and private sector.
Learn more about the Speakers Bureau.
Applications for new members across Canada are accepted in September each year.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org