Ways to get involved
There are so many ways to support the Because I am a Girl initiative. Whether you want to share your time or your voice, getting involved is what matters.
No matter where you are or who you are, you can help change the lives of girls around the world right now.
Explore the many ways you can be part of this growing movement to unleash the power of girls and women.
Stay connected and spread the word
- Sign up for our eNewsletter Stay in the loop with Plan and Because I am a Girl, by signing up for our newsletter! Every month you’ll get a collection of stories from our website, blog, and social media channels.
- Share the cause. Download presentation tools and other digital tools to help you tell others about the importance of the Because I am a Girl initiative!
- Join us on Social Media. Help us reach our goal of 1 million members – spread the word online to your friends, family, and networks.
- Choose our Facebook posts for a day. We have over 100,000 Facebook fans, and we post 2 or 3 interesting, inspiring, and informative links to this page every day. It is important to us that this content reflect a lot of different perspectives, so we really appreciate it when one of our community members suggests posts for a day!
- Start a Club. Led by girls in middle and high schools with the support and supervision of a staff person, Because I am a Girl clubs aim to empower girls to support each other and stand up for the rights of all girls everywhere
- Join the Speakers' Bureau Girls between the ages of 14-22 get the opportunity and training to advocate for girls' rights. Be part of the international effort to change the lives of girls around the world.
Donate to Because I am a Girl